Safe Usage Tips
Recommendations for safe medical marijuana use
- Avoid smoking or using medical marijuana in front of or around children, teenagers or minors.
- Always medicate out of the view of the public.
- Always have your state issued medical marijuana registry ID card on your person.
- Never drive under the influence of medical marijuana. A person can receive a DUI or injure themselves and others while driving under the influence of medical cannabis.
- Never drive with medical marijuana in reach. Store the medicine in the trunk or back of the vehicle.
- Keep your registration with the state medical marijuana registry and the paperwork associated with it private, as it is your personal medical history and it should remain private.
- Remember that there are still some law enforcement officials that are not completely educated with Colorado medical marijuana law.
- Do not attempt to travel to another state or country with your medical marijuana. Your Colorado medical marijuana card is not valid in states other than Montana.
- Your renewal process should begin 60 days before your medical marijuana registration expires.
- Fax, Mail or email your MD or DO (medical marijuana doctor) records of your medical visit throughout the year to document your qualifying medical condition. This will make it easier to your card renewed year after year.
- Please keep medical records up to date through out the year and contact Colorado Medical Marijuana to set up an appointment for renewal at least 60 days prior to the expiration of your card.
- Search the internet and review our site for updates and changes to Colorado’s medical marijuana rules and regulations. Continue educating yourself with relevant and useful information about medical marijuana laws in Colorado.
For more information, call or email our highly trained and highly motivated representatives today! (303) 625.4012